Disclosure: This post contain affiliate links which means we earn some commisions when you visit the links and purchase items from our recommendations.
An authentic Italian lasagna recipe is wonderfully satisfying but still easy to make. In many regions of Italy is made without mozzarella, lasagne is not always a cheesy affair with plenty of mozzarellas.
These Italian lasagna recipes more simply call for béchamel sauce instead of cheese. The only cheese required is grated Parmesan.
Olive Garden is a popular Italian restaurant across several regions in the United States and has a portal for all Darden Restaurant employees.
The portal is known as krowd login Darden for desktop and mobile applications to get employee work schedules.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 6 ounces (gr.170) or 8 sheets of white or green packaged Italian lasagnas
- Ragù Spaghetti Sauce
- Béchamel Sauce
- 4 ounces (gr.113) parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp (gr.14) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp (gr.14) salt
Pair with this recipe a good Chianti red wine.
Preparation: medium 40 minutes
It will take you 2 hours to accomplish the whole recipe with sauces, so consider that Ragù Spaghetti Sauce and Béchamel Sauce can be prepared ahead of time, or the day before and refrigerated ready to be used.
1. You’ll cook the sheets as any other pasta following the directions on the package for cooking time adding the salt to the water when boiling.
IMPORTANT TIP: To prevent from sticking the sheets one with each other after you have drained them, place them around on the colander border or on a cotton cloth.
2. Start preheating your oven at 350°F (180°C) and bring your ready sauces. Butter the bottom and sides of a 7×9 inch (cm 18×23) stainless steel baking pan or dish.
Once you’re ready spread over 3 tablespoons of Béchamel Sauce, and 3 tablespoons of Ragù Spaghetti Sauce.
3. Now you can start assembling laying one by one the sheets of lasagna and cover the bottom of your pan or dish.
Spread again 3 tablespoons of béchamel and ragù as before, and 2 tablespoons of parmesan.
4. Repeat the process until you have made the other 3 layers.
At the end on the top of your assembled sheets, you’ll spread just the remaining ragù and parmesan.
5. Cover your pan or dish with tin foil and place it into the middle rack of your oven.
Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the tin foil and bake a further 10 minutes till you see a crust has formed on.
Cool a few minutes before serving to your family and friends your wonderfully satisfying lasagna.